Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Someone... quick, stop the clock!


The only thing that stays the same is everything changes everything changes.

 I cannot believe that a month and nine days has gone by since GG entered this world! A week and a half ago he'd already grown out of his newborn clothes and moved up to the 0-3 months ones. I'm almost 31, so I've had a handle on just how fast time goes for many years now, but THIS!?! This has pushed it to a whole new level! Where did my teeny tiny little newborn go?


GG spent his first week in the hospital, on the third day he was transferred to the NICU for observation. There was risk of a seizure, which in newborns can be very dangerous. We are so lucky and blessed that he got to come home exactly 7 days after his birth! I cannot get over how much he changes on a daily bases. I still stare at him for hours and find it hard to ever put him down. Sharing him is tough, but I know that if others love him even half as much as I do- it would just be plain cruel for me not to let them spend time holding him and loving on him. Besides, I can still watch him when someone else is holding him!

GG has colic along with a few sensory issues. The sensory issues have been gradually getting better, the colic not so much, but we deal the best we can - even if it means mommie has to stay up most of the night rocking our little man. I know that this is just phase in his life that, like that teeny tiny little newborn we use to hold, will be gone quicker than we can imagine. I'm trying to cherish every single second: from the nasty poops, the sleepless nights, and all the amazing things in between because once this is gone, there's no getting it back!

So many times in the past I've been told, as I'm sure hundreds of you have - "It's different when it's yours."  As cliche as it sounds, it's true. I love my nieces and nephews and I never would have imagined that I could love any child more than I love them and maybe it's not that I love GG more, but it's on a completely different scale. I love him with every ounce of my soul. I can't remember what our lives were without him in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment